and many more!
These types of movies can be identified by the following traits...
- to give the veiwer the feeling of fascination to the movie, with excitement and mixed aprehension.
- Gives veiwer on-edge feeling.
- Suspense is about conflict and the obstacles between the protagonist and his goal.
- suspense is often mixed with hope and fear.
-Themes and characters
- Themes: ransoms, captivities, heists, revenge, mind games, kidnapping, stalking, death traps and paranoia.
- The protagonist is faced with death, either his and/or her or someone else's.
- The force of the antagonist's must initially be stronger/wiser than the protagonist's.
- The main storyline for the protagonist is either a quest or a character that cannot be put down.
- The main plotline focuses on a mystery that must be solved.
- The film's narrative construction is overpowered by the protagonist's point of view.
- All action and characters must be credibly realistic or natural in their representation on screen.
- The protagonist and antagonist may battle, themselves and each other, not just on a physical level, but on a mental one as well.
- Either by accident or their own curiousness, each character is dragged into a dangerous fights or a situation that they aren't prepared to resolve.